It is time for the monthly dividend income report.
The total for July, 2012 was $219.72. The yearly income up until the end of July was $1794.53. All I have to do is increase that seven-fold and it could come close to handling my monthly expenses.
If I had 100 shares of each stock, I would have earned $459.00. That is also how much 100 shares would have earned three months ago. This is because there were no dividend increased this month. But the income from three months ago was $218.56. I have resumed having my broker reinvest the shares automatically.
In July, 2011, the numbers were: $1556.17 for 2011 through July, $204.83 in July, and $432.30 if I had 100 shares of each stock back then.
Here are the stocks:
- Automatic Data Processing: $21.64
- Coca-Cola Co: $26.08
- MDU Resources Group Inc: $8.77
- Kimberly-Clark: $38.27
- Chubb Corp: $8.58
- Illinois Tool Works: $18.33
- Altria Group: $22.12
- Family Dollar Stores Inc: $5.58
- Piedmont Natural Gas Inc: $16.44
- Cincinnati Financial Corp: $17.41
- Valspar Corp: $11.24
- Sysco Corp: $13.98
- RPM International Inc.: $11.28
Image from Wikimedia