Signs that someone is an asshole:
- They say “Laugh! It’s a joke!” or some variation thereof.
- They ask checkout clerks to break a $100 bill.
- They drive a Lexus.
- They vote Republican.
- They think they walk their dog with a retractable leash, but let the dog go wherever it wants.
- They are a head of state who picks a fight with Canada (Cool And Nice And Dang Awesome).
- They say or do something to shock people (as Ed Brayton said, “If you spend a great deal of your time pretending to be an asshole to get a reaction from people…you aren’t pretending. You are an asshole.”)
- They put their phone on speaker when they are in public.
- They use “virtue signalling” as an insult (but never against Susan Collins; she is independent up until the moment she votes).
- They bring a dog into a business that is not pet-specific.
- Intentionally giving someone else unnecessary work, and thinking that other person should be grateful.
Other items will be added to the list as they reveal themselves.
Big Jim does not like assholes.