A list of things you never hear, with a few I wish I did hear.
- Daddy didn’t mean those harsh things he said. That was the meditation talking.
- I only wrapped my car around the tree because I was concentrating on my driving.
- I only had sex with that person because I was aware of what I was doing.
- I only lost my job because I was following the Five Precepts.
- My wife left me due to my skillfulness.
- I got into that fight due to right speech.
- I heard about this sangha with a lot of hot women. (I do wish this was more common.)
- I want a man who is serious about meditation. (I wish more women felt this way.)
- I am going to become an alcoholic because Buddhism ruined my life.
- I want a guy who meditates and wants lots of sex. (Again, I wish more women felt this way.)
Big Jim wishes more women were interested in meditation than alcohol.
“Welcoming Descent of Amida Buddha” at the Metropolitan Museum, assumed allowed under Fair Use.