I have a new page on my site: Things Trump Says He Knows.
I think Trump knows about manipulating people, lying and being a jerk.
He claims to be an expert in more topics than I think any human could possibly be an expert in. So instead of documenting all his lies, I will start a list of things that Trump claims to know, especially things he claims to know “a lot” about.
He made this claim a few times during the campaign, and he made it in his first speech to the CIA.
I say right now: I reserve the right to stop updating this page. Because Trump thinks he knows a lot about a lot of subjects. He thinks he knows so much, I just might say, “Trump, please stop knowing so much, I can’t spend all my time updating that page.” I’m sure we will get tired of him knowing things.
Just like he said his campaign would get tired of winning. And the CIA would get tired of “so much backing”. But someone else can make a page listing all the things he says we will get tired of.
I made that page, but never did much with it. Trump, like most conservatives, likes to think he knows everything, but really knows nothing. And, like most conservatives, wants you to know that even though he was the guy in charge, the fact that everything blew up is not his fault.
2022-02-17: I got rid of the page. I pasted the text below.
Donald Trump has claimed to know a lot about many things.
Frankly, I think all he knows about are lying, grifting, being a jerk and manipulating people.
But he says he knows a lot about a lot of things.
He claims to be an expert in more things than I think one person can know.
So I thought I should start keeping a list.
I am sure as we go forward, there will be more things to add to the list. Because in his mind, there is no limit to the topics he is an expert in.
To start, I only have a few. I think sometimes he says he knows something, and sometimes he claims to know “a lot” about it. So I will also track that.
- Climate Change – Article from 2016-11-23, quoting Trump from an interview on Fox News in January, 2016. Level: “A lot”. Trump claims he has received environmental awards.
- Hacking – 2016-12-31. Level: “A lot”. Are you sure it’s the Russians? I don’t think it’s the Russians. It would look bad for me if you think it was the Russians.
- Solar – Article from 2016-12-05, quoting Trump from previous summer. Level: “A lot”. He says he loves it, then proceeds to tell you why he’s against it.
- Science – 2018-10-17. He says that he knows climate change is a hoax because he has “a natural instinct for science”.
- West Point – 2017-01-21. Level: “A lot”. This was during his speech to the CIA, in which he spent a lot of time complaining about media coverage of the inauguration
Image from Wikipedia, assumed allowed under Fair Use. Painting “Witches’ Sabbath” by Francisco José de Goya y Lucientes, or just Goya (1746-1828). Goya should have his own website. He’s really a wonderful artist, very artistic in his art. Nothing to do with Trump.